Vegan recipes don’t have to be boring. Check out this apple chickpea wrap, filled with fiber and plant-based protein, that comes together in 15 minutes.
For the salad:
• 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
• 1 cup small diced organic honeycrisp apple (from about 1 small to medium honeycrisp apple)
• 1/3 cup coarsely chopped raw or toasted pecans
• 1/3 cup dried tart cherries
• 1 stalk of celery, diced
• 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley (or cilantro)
• ¼ cup chopped green onions
For the dressing:
• 3 tablespoons tahini
• 2 teaspoons pure maple syrup (or use honey if not vegan)
• 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
• 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
• ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
• ¼ teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
• Lots of freshly ground black pepper
• 2-3 tablespoons warm water, to thin dressing
For the wraps:
• 3 large spinach tortillas (or tortillas of choice)
• 3-4 cups organic spinach
• ¾ cup shredded carrots
Add rinsed and drained chickpeas to a large bowl and use a masher or fork to mash most of the chickpeas. Add in diced apples, chopped pecans, tart cherries, celery, parsley and green onions.
In a separate bowl, make the dressing: Add tahini, honey, dijon, apple cider vinegar, garlic powder, salt, pepper and warm water. Mix to combine until a creamy dressing forms. Add more water if necessary.
Add dressing to the chickpea salad. Stir to combine and coat all the ingredients with dressing. Taste and adjust as necessary.
Lay out spinach wraps and add about 1 cup of spinach, top with ¼ cup shredded carrots. Top with ⅓ of the chickpea salad mixture. Tightly roll up the wrap, tucking in the ends as you go. Secure tightly with a toothpick if necessary. Makes 3 large wraps,; you can also eat the salad as is or put in lettuce wraps or Swiss chard. Salad will stay good for 5 days in the refrigerator.
Serving size: 1/3 of recipe without the spinach wrap:
Saturated Fat: 2.0g
Printable recipe available at Vegan Pecan Apple Chickpea Salad Wraps | Ambitious Kitchen