This Sunday at 2 a.m. we will “fall back” to standard time and turn our clocks back one hour.
For those wanting to use that additional hour to get some extra sleep, the American Academy of Sleep Medicine recommends:
- Wait to change your clocks until it is time to get ready for bed.
- Go to bed at your usual bedtime.
- Just before getting into bed, set your clocks back one hour.
- Wake up at your regular wake time, which will allow you one more hour of sleep.
- Take note of how much better you feel after an extra hour of sleep.
Do you have concerns about your sleep habits? Carroll Hospital’s Sleep Disorders Center can help. Learn more.