Now more than ever, it’s important to get your annual flu vaccine.
Get the Flu Vaccine
- The flu can be deadly.
- The flu vaccine is safe, and you need a flu vaccine each year.
- It is an effective way to prevent flu illnesses, hospitalizations and deaths.
- You can have the flu and COVID-19 at the same time.
Everyone Should Get the Flu Vaccine
- It’s important for everyone 6 months and older to get the flu vaccine.
- If you or someone you care about is an essential worker, at high risk for complications from the flu or at high risk for serious illness from COVID-19, make getting your flu vaccine a high priority.
Prevent the Flu and COVID-19
- Get vaccinated.
- Remember, the same actions that prevent the spread of COVID-19 prevent the spread of flu:
- wash your hands or use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol often
- stay home when sick
- wear face coverings
- avoid large groups of people
- avoid people who are sick
- stay more than 6 feet from people
- Practice self-care to keep yourself healthy. Eat a healthy diet, stay hydrated, exercise regularly and get plenty of sleep.
Talk to your healthcare provider for more information and guidance.
Visit cchd.maryland.gov/flu for resources and more information about flu and COVID-19.