Located in the East Pavilion of Carroll Hospital, the Tevis Center for Wellness helps our community live healthier lives every day.
Here are five things you may not know about the Tevis Center for Wellness:
1. The center has a resource library filled with hundreds of books on health and wellness topics. You can even check out books! Learn more from a recent Carroll Hospital Health Chat.
2. The center’s staff coordinate a variety of classes and workshops each month, on site and throughout the community, to help you live healthier, including nutrition workshops, blood pressure screenings, weight management sessions and more! View our monthly health and wellness calendars to see what may interest you!
3. Whether it’s for symptom management or simply to relax, a variety of complementary health treatments are available at the center, including yoga, acupuncture, massage, zero balancing, reiki and even facials!
4. A growing number of support groups are also coordinated through the center to help individuals cope with a number of health challenges, from gluten intolerance to surviving a stroke. See a full list of support groups here.
5. Guided imagery is offered at the center every weekday, excluding holidays. During this free half-hour session, participants use visualization techniques for relaxation and stress relief.
The Tevis Center for Wellness is located at 291 Stoner Avenue on the Carroll Hospital campus. Call 410-871-7000 to learn more.